
This morning at about 5am I found out I am pregnant! It’s crazy for me to even type that. I had to verbally say it today when I made my first prenatal care appointment, and i felt like i was saying, “I’m from the planet Pluto.” Just didn’t seem real or convincing. But indeed it is real. Three home pregnancy tests and one official Kaiser test told me so.
I’ve always wanted to be a mother. I remember playing house (by myself) and spending hours caring for my babies. Becoming a mother has always been a given so I never sweat it.
And now it’s here. This is it. I’m only 2 weeks in (if that even), and I already have this feeling that I must protect this little dot inside my body. When this life inside steps foot outside, I’ll look at myself in her/his eyes and say, “I've been waiting for you.” And though right now I can feel my uterus making magic while twisting my insides, I cannot believe a word I just said.
No comments:
Post a Comment